|Recipes: Jerk Beef Satay
|Serve as an appetizer or over rice for a main
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin cut in 1/4" slices
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
(Soak wooden skewers at least 1 hour before grilling satays.)
In a glass dish or heavy-duty Ziplock® bag, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
Thread the beef on the soaked skewers in a serpentine pattern. Set the skewers in the
marinade and refrigerate 1- 4 hours.
Preheat the barbecue on HIGH and brush the cooking grids with vegetable oil. Reduce heat to
MEDIUM and grill approximately 2 minutes per side for medium rare meat.
Useful products for this recipe:
- 10" Bamboo Skewers (11060)
- Slim Stainless Steel Skewers 4 Pc (46074)
- Deluxe 22" Wooden Handle Skewer (40538)
|Recipe courtesy of Broil King.
||Back to recipe